From: Boy Twin
To: SVP of Ops and Lgstcs
Subject: Allocation of Nocturnal Resources
I would like to address the disparity between Girl Twin’s and my use of parental patience and attention after 10:00 PM. As reports will reflect, I typically wind myself down with little assistance outside the occasional last minute diaper change. While Girl Twin’s demands for repeated songs, pacifier replacement, and the general presence of The Chief of Motherhood are well documented. Sometimes as late as 1:00 AM.
As I use considerably less parental energy during bed time, I would like to see that saved effort “banked” and reallocated to other parts of my day. A non-exhaustive list of alternatives:
- Flying around the room like Superman (with the whoosh noises)
- Playing “Rooster Neck” wherein a parent bobs their head at my face and makes me giggle
- General snuggling with The Chief of Motherhood
- Extra dance sessions with The Chief of Fatherhood to Formation
- Additional baths
- More Bumbo time
- Increased time with Crinkle Elephant and/or Jangley Owl
Thank you for your attention to this.